Tuesday, July 27, 2010

If only you could be me for a moment

If Only You Could Be Me for a Moment

Sometimes I wish

You could step in my shoes

For just a little while…

To think what I think;

To see what I see;

To feel what I feel;

To understand the confusion,

The fear, the admiration, and

The friendship I feel toward you…

All at once.

If you were able to live

Inside my mind, even for a moment,

You would see that my world is

Filled with so many responsibilities,

Yet so often my thoughts are of you.

You would see what joy

You’ve brought to my life

You would see how much it means to me

To be able to smile, to laugh,

To feel good, to feel free,

Like a child…..

Just because of you

If you had a chance to take

The smallest glimpse inside of me,

You would see gratitude and respect….

Respect not to only for what

You are making of yourself

But also for what you are helping me to be

And you would see how much all of that means to me

But the thing that would

Strike you most…

If ever you had the chance to be me….

Would be all the love I feel for you.

And once you felt it,

You would always remember it,

And you would understand that,

Although I am not always able to express it

Or explain its depth or importance to me,

It’s always there…..inside of me…