Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Is it a fling or Is it the Real Thing?


Is It a Fling or Is It the Real Thing

There are some relationships that grow because of true love and some didn’t even last long for they do just fooling around and not love each other seriously. But how would we know if what we feel towards the person we are with, is what they called the “real thing” or just another of what they called a “fling”?

I have asked some of my friends about it and I am quite surprised by their answers for it express out some of their personalities out. Here are few of them:

* “When you are sure of what you feel and you can be completely honest with each other. When you can accept each other’s flaws and imperfections. A fling is something you have with someone you don’t know very well, someone you don’t even plan to get to know more. If it’s just a fling you’ll find it easy to forget about that person because whatever you had with that person don’t mean anything to you.”

* “I know it’s the real thing when I always make the most of our time together. If she’s happy then I am happy as well and she feels bad I feel the same way. If its just a fling I won’t bother to think what she was feeling because there’s nothing there or there’s no special connection between us.”

* “It is easy to fall for someone you’re physically attracted to. I guess a fling is a relationship with someone you don’t know very well. If it’s easy to forget or replace that person then it’s just a fling but when I keep on scribbling her name on my notebook, when I can’t stop thinking about her and when I can’t stand not seeing her or talking to her then I know I’m in love.”

* “I know it’s the real thing when I get so overprotected to her. It’s like I will make everything’s ok for her. I don’t want anyone or anything harms her, and when I know I can commit myself. If it’s just a fling I just want her as a front especially if my friends have their girlfriends with them when we hangout. I don’t even miss when she’s not around, it’s like I want be with her if I want to or if I just feels like it. In short I’m just playing. I can get easily turned off and when I like her for shallow and superficial reasons.”

Well based on these answers I can say that having a fling is just to have fun in your life without committing yourself. There’s no heart involved more on self-pleasing and just for leisure. Some of them know it’s real if they started acting strange like they do something they had not usually doing before. They become so occupied by the thinking the other person and began longing for them. They start to think themselves less. They find a reason to smile and it also creates a drive to do something they want. It gives them inspiration.

* For my own opinion, I know it’s the real thing when I missed him when he’s not around and when it feels like I want to stop the time whenever were together. Just the mere thought of how he treats me special, sends butterflies in my stomach and makes my heart beating fast. It’s when I can’t stand not seeing him. It’s when I can’t imagine myself with someone rather than him. If it’s just a fling you can’t feel any of this, there’s nothing special, everything so ordinary. When it’s just ok with you even though he’s not around and with somebody else. Actually I haven’t experience having a fling because for me if I’m not sure of what I feel is real, I will not commit myself for I don’t want to hurt someone’s feelings